Some Background:



Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cosmetic companies beware!

I just found this site.
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

Now maybe I'm behind but I really had never seen it before. I was researching my facial moisturizer, because Liz Earle announced that it went back to low level parabens because of concerns with contamination/ bacteria and I was heart broken. But it got me thinking - is paraben free really safer? I real the ingredients in other "safe" moisturizers and they have more chemicals than Liz Earle. So when I found this site it was a real eye opener. Now they didn't have my cream, but that wasn't a problem. I created a account and did a build your own report and compared the "natural" and "safe" products I was considering. In the end decided to stay with Liz Earle because of the lower risk for reproductive issues (I have a reproductive disorder and had a hormone based cancer). Ultimately, I learned that nothing mainstream is in the "green" but, I was surprised that products like bare minerals rare minerals facial moisturizer was in the red! (sham on you bare minerals, I love their makeup but their moisturizer is down right toxic!)

OK so hopefully I will enlighten others with this post, or if nothing else, keep this link in a safe place for future reference.

PS- I think theres an app!

No comments:

Post a Comment